Thursday, June 17, 2010

iPhone photos

iPhone photos has started to develop into a new visual series for me. I like the concept because the photos are generally unplanned and attempt to capture something I find appealing(attempt - I am no photographer), a moment in time where I linger on a particular thought, reflection or mood. I also love the idea of 2 megapixel images, not really a high enough resolution to print as an 6" x 8". This excites be because it challenges traditional concepts of photos as precious things, things to print and keep for years. These photos are not precious, make limited social and artistic commentary and are best suited to web publishing. I'm attempting to comment on the increasing trend of capturing anything and everything digitally these days and sharing it on social media channels. I also like the challenge of learning to manuavure the limitations of iPhone's camera, in particular the lighting and contrast issues. Let's see where it leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment